I had never read anything by Wayne Dyer and was expecting a how-to-get-rich-quick-through-visualisation book, like The Secret. Boy was I wrong! It has really tested my ego and opened up my eyes, especially when it comes to Dr Dyer's suggesting that we shift our career mindset from a "work-for-money-and-riches" point of view, to a "work for quality of life" attitude. His point is that as long as we are incentivised by the external status symbols like cars, big houses, travels, etc we will be limited by the physical world that we are so keen to master. And no matter how much we have, it will never be enough. Dr Dyer has a checklist of 12 attitudes that define spiritual living. How many of these resonate with you?
The Spiritual Dozen...
- There is more to the world than what we see with our 5 senses.
- Believes loving guidance is available.
- Focuses on authentic personal empowerment.
- Feels connected to all of humanity.
- Knows a dimension beyond cause and effect.
- Motivated by ethics, serenity and quality of life.
- Practices meditation.
- Understands intuition as God talking.
- Focus on the good you want to create, don't waste your energy fighting the bad things that we want to do away with.
- Feels a sense of responsibility and belonging to the universe.
- Lives a life of forgiveness.
- Know that you can manifest miracles.
Finally, Know that your life has a purpose! Everything you do right will bring you closer to that purpose and it will also make you feel like a more fulfilled person. This book has quickly become one of my favourites, totally worth reading! I even gifted it to my sister. It's part of my year in magical training - how to manifest your best life. The video below is also a good one to watch, I hope you enjoy it!