Detoxes are in vogue these days. I myself tried to go an entire month without sugar this January and lasted a whole 21 days! While there are enormous benefits to passing on sugar, my gut feeling is that the best detox we can give our body is to drink plenty of water, day in and day out. It flushes out toxins and keeps us well hydrated. Clean drinking water is something to be incredibly grateful for, even though most of us in the developed world probably take it for granted. That may change in a few decades if we don't take better care of our planet.
Water is also vital for those of us who practice Reiki, Intuitive Readings or Healing. According to the psychic development blog, A State of Mind, intuitive energies travel through the physical body, using our water reserves as a conduit. That's why it's even more important for healers to drink lots of fresh water, it keeps us fresh and ready to take on new case studies! This is one way to look at it: drink water to replenish your intuitive energy levels. We can also infuse our drinking water with healing energy to heal ourselves, intending for the water clear and release emotions that are even at a cellular level. This can be done effortlessly with a Reiki II Attunement, though you can also use a simple Water Blessing Meditation if you haven't been attuned to Reiki. Both are equally effective, it's the Intention and that counts. Just follow these steps:
- Formulate Your Intention. Think about what you'd like to accomplish with this healing. Are you uncovering your Chiron Wound or maybe, you'd like to heal your Inner Child and let go of any residual grief, confusion or stress from your early years. We can also ask for healing to follow our Highest Good, and let any issues surface when the moment is right, through our thoughts and feelings.
- Clear Your Working Space. Get yourself a glass of water, and sit down in a quiet and comfortable place, feet on the floor and a glass of water on a table nearby. Close your eyes and visualize a white healing light coming down from the Heavens, through the roof and filling the room that you are in. This white light clears and protects the space around you so that only high-level energy can come in.
- Ground Yourself in Mother Nature. Visualize tree roots growing out of the bottoms of your feet, into the ground. Intend for the roots to cut through layers of cement, dirt, rock, and molten lava until they reach the center of the earth and dig in. You may see a crystal formation there, let your roots wrap around the crystals anchoring you to their healing energy.
- Attune to Universal Energies. Still firmly grounded, take your attention up through the atmosphere, past the stars, to the highest source of Light. You can call this God, the Universe, Christ Energy or Source. Connect with that Light, and let it come down to meet you. The Light enters your Crown Chakra, travels through your Core to your Heart, and to your palms. Finally we're going to visualise a bubble of healing light surrounding our Aura.
- Call in Your Helpers. Now it's time to call in our helpers, especially any healing guides or angels. As this is a water blessing, I like to call on Archangel Haniel because she is linked to the moon, changing tides (water) and to emotional healing. Haniel will add her intuitive energy to the water.
- Infuse Your Water. Hold the glass of water in your hand, and Intend for your drinking water to take on gentle healing properties. With time, a steady stream of water can wear down even the toughest rocks. We're going to leverage that power to release any mental, emotional or spiritual baggage from the body and soul, slowly but surely. Intend for your entire water supply to be blessed.
- It's Time to Disconnect. Thanking your angels and guides for their help, take your attention back to that highest source of light. We're going to disconnect, knowing that we can repeat this meditation whenever we like. Thank the Light for it's blessing and bring your attention back to your body. Check your grounding roots, draw your Aura in around you, and finally ...
- Shield Your Energy. I like to visualize a protective cloak around my energy field, and intend for it to keep me warm and toasty. Think of it as wearing an energetic overcoat to keep you insulated from the elements. A bubble of light works just as well, it's the intention that counts (((heart))).
The first time I tried this with Reiki, I set the intention for my drinking water to be infused with light for a year. Since then, I've tried this with shorter time frames so that I can change the Intention when the transformation has taken place (helpful if you're trying to heal a particular pattern). The key is to perform the healing meditation and to expect that it will work whenever you have a drink of water. If that feels like a stretch, just thank the Heavens for the healing before taking a sip. Gratitude opens a door for healing to come in!