The New Year is just around the corner, and though I'm not a fan of short-lived resolutions, I would love for us all to be peaceful and prosperous. Inner peace comes from trusting that our problems have a solution, one that doesn't involve competition with our fellow human beings. Along those lines, here are my Top 10 Tips for a Prosperous Life (forget the New Year). I've been applying most of these since 2010 when my blog launched, without thinking about where it might lead me. Enjoy!
- Gratitude is the attitude! Plenty of people are happy with less than what you or I have. This can give us much needed perspective. A prosperous life includes health, wealth, love, and emotional stability among other things.
- Hold yourself accountable for habits that may influence your finances, rather than stick your head in the sand, hoping for a miraculous solution. Ask yourself if you could be more motivated, disciplined or proactive. Make a commitment to yourself. Ask for professional help or guidance if needed.
- Find a hobby you're passionate about and see how far it takes you! The resulting joy and enthusiasm will spill over to other areas of your now prosperous life.
- Invest in yourself and in your personal relationships. When you look back on your life, these are the connections that will make you feel blessed.
- Think Value Added: Ask your intuition how you can add value, where can you make a concrete difference in other people's lives. Add value and the pay check will follow. Please read this post on manifesting higher earnings.
- Generosity: Time, money and energy are all valuable resources. Share the one you're short on, and know there is more where that came from. Its a good way to grease your manifesting wheels and bust out of a scarcity mind set, too.
- Talk Yourself Up! Know your self-worth and use affirmations to boost your confidence if necessary. One of my friends starts her day with these lines: I am enough, I have enough, I am more than enough. This reaffirms that who you are is enough, and you're fully equipped to handle your day. Confidence fuels our manifesting power.
- Branch Out! Think about turning that hobby we discussed into a side business, whether its photography, organic farming, or even angel card readings. Start small and let it snowball with time. You'll be surprised!
- Be more productive: This one is easier than it sounds. When planning your week, start with the most loathsome task on your list. The one you'd love to ignore. With that done, the rest of your week will be a breeze!
- Visualise Success! Think about where you'd like to be in 5 or 10 years, make an action plan to get there and visualise yourself doing well! It helps to come back to this once a month to make sure you're still taking steps in that direction (and to be sure the vision is still relevant). Otherwise thank the Universe for guiding you to prosperity. You'll still do the work, but they'll help.
Image Source: Huffington Post