Last week I shared a post on energy cords, relationships and what we stand to gain by healing them (see here). If you missed it, relationship cords are threads of energy that connect us with the people we know and see most often: friends, family, colleagues, etc. They allow for the passage of friendly vibes, but they can also absorb emotions like stress, frustration or jealousy: the by-product of our daily interactions. The good news is we can clear and heal these cords. Today I’m going to talk you through a short healing meditation that you can use to clear the air on a regular basis. The idea is to connect with the other person's higher self and have a heart to heart, airing your concerns and listening to theirs.
Cord Healing Meditation
Find a quiet place to sit. Think of a relationship that you’d like to work on. With your eyes closed, invite that person to join you. Visualise them taking a seat across from you, at a comfortable and peaceful distance. We’re going to protect them by placing a bubble of amethyst light around their energy field.
- GROUNDING and PROTECTING. I always begin healing meditations by grounding myself, keeps you safe and grounded (see here). You can do this by visualising a bubble of soft, protective light around your body. I like to give it the quality of amethyst, for transformation, healing and protection. We then ground ourselves by bringing our awareness into the body, especially the legs and feet. Feeling connected to the Earth. You can also visualise grounding roots anchoring you to the earth.
- VISUALISATION: Visualise a cord extending from your Heart to theirs. Let your imagination bring it to life, for example: what color is it? Is it made of rope, steel, cotton, or barbed wire? Is the energy balanced, does it flow in both directions? How does it make you feel? Heart to Heart cords are present in every relationship and these we only need to clear and heal. If you see cords attached to other chakras, have a look too. Cords to the Solar Plexus, Throat and Brow can be about control, boundaries or even too much curiosity (what are they thinking, etc?) This kind of cord can be cut when we understand why its there and what may need to change.
- SELF-REFLECTION: Based on what you've observed so far, what adjustments would you make in this relationship? How would you make it better? Tell the other person how you feel. Is there anything you could do to create a balanced and collaborative relationship? Speak your mind and take a few minutes to listen to their side. Please remember you are speaking to their Higher Self. Let go of any expectations. If you’re doing this at home, you might like to write out your feelings for a few minutes.
- TO HEAL OR TO CUT? Today we’re going to focus on healing the Heart to Heart cord by removing tense or stagnant energy and replacing it with love, compassion, and dialogue. The same healing can be done with cords connecting the Sacral Chakra in romantic partners, as this can clear and heal the bond for the couple. If however, you found a cord that you’d like to cut, for example, to your Solar Plexus or Throat, please stay tuned!
- CLEARING AND HEALING: Let's call on Archangel Raphael, the healing angel, and Michael the protector to help us clear and heal the cord. You can visualise a vacuum plugging into the cord at the half-way point. It slowly removes tense energy until the cord made of light. Once this is done, we’re going to fill the space with healing light. This light overflows from the cord, pouring into both of your Heart Chakras. We shed the previous cord as its replaced by a liquid gold, healing connection. Both hearts are open to give and receive love and understanding in equal measure. Once we’re done, thank the angels for their assistance. We're going to let the cord switch off, trusting that the undercurrent of love and understanding will remain in our subconscious.
- CLOSING DOWN: To end the meditation, bring your attention back to the bubbles of protective light around each of your energy fields. Intend for them to fill up with joy, faith, abundance, and any other elements you’d like to receive. Bless the other person and thank them for coming. Wave goodbye as they step into a lovely air balloon or a carriage, and continue on their journey. You have separate life paths, both filled with joy and purpose. These paths may overlap, especially with family and friends. Say farewell for now and bring your attention back into the room, slowly. Ground yourself, take a deep breath and stretch. Drink some water.
This is how we clear and heal a cord. We can also cut it by visualising big scissors instead of the vacuum and disposing of the cord, including any bits in your energy field. The important thing to mention here is that whenever you remove energy from the aura or the body, we need to fill that space with love, light and healing. Otherwise it could leave holes in the energy field. As with any healing meditation, intention is key. Intend for it to dissolve, and it will. Intend for your energy to heal and replenish itself, and it will. When this is done, please write down the things you noticed during the meditation, especially any adjustments you want to make to your behaviour. The cord and its imbalances are the result of our behaviour, experiences and reactions.